Gambling can become obsession for people and when this gets out of control, it becomes disorder. Online and offline gambling can increase the number of gambling fans and so is the number of online gambling addiction has increased lately. Compulsive gambling can hamper the normal life of the person, creating problem in work, finances, and relationships. It is important that the disorder is diagnosed at the right time so that proper treatment can be taken. With proper treatment and help, the person can overcome gambling disorder.
Diagnosis of gambling addiction
A person with gambling addiction hide their behavior in-front of their family members and friends. It is very important that the people who are close to them must identify the problem and take them to get proper treatment. Many times even the person is not aware of the fact that he or she is addicted to gambling. If someone finds any of the four things to be true in their case out of those given below then you are suffering from addiction.
- Continual yet failed efforts to control and stop their gambling.
- Repeatedly lying to everyone to hide the gambling actions.
- Always thinking about gambling like where to get money to gamble, relieving moments of past gambling or planning the next gambling etc.
- Feeling irritated or restless when you are reducing or stopping gambling.
- Hampering relationship, job or education for gambling.
- After losing a significant amount of money in betting again trying to place bet to win back the money.
- Impulse to gamble with bigger sum of money to get more excitement.
- Falling into financial problems and asking others for help.
- Gambling whenever you are in stress.
Sometime the person suffering from gambling disorder experience stronger symptoms and sometimes these symptoms subsides. It is important that proper treatment approach is taken up to treat the disorder even when you feel the gambling is not a problem.